Groups are formed on a first come first served basis. The fee is $80 for the series of 8 sessions; scholarships are available. If interested, contact us by phone (415) 234-5040 or email email@example.com [continue reading]
Ongoing groups continue throughout the year. If you’ve already been in an AgeSong group, you are welcome to join an Ongoing group.
Currently ongoing groups meet at:
- San Rafael Community Center, Mondays at 2 pm
- Northgate Mall Community Room, Mondays at 2 pm
- Corte Madera, Mondays at 2 pm
- Falkirk Cultural Center, Tuesdays at 2 pm
- Mill Valley Community Center, Wednesdays at 1 pm
- Corte Madera, Thursdays at 10 am
- San Rafael Community Center, Thursdays at 2 pm
- Margaret Todd Senior Center, Fridays at 12:30 pm
Groups are formed after an introductory meeting with each participant. [continue reading]
ELDER SCAMS REVEALED
AgeSong Marin is offering a presentation on “Avoiding Scams, Frauds and Identity Theft” at 11:00 a.m. (Doors open at 10:45), Monday, December 12 at the Family Service Agency, 555 Northgate Drive, San Rafael. Presenters: Roberta Robinson and Vicki Loel, from the Marin County Financial Abuse Specialty Team, will describe the latest scams and pitfalls and tell you how to avoid them. [continue reading]
Printed in the Marin Independent Journal Letters to the Editor Readers’ Forum, July 29, 2016
Why are few men involved with AgeSong Marin?
The Independent Journal has run several articles over the past year suggesting that aging presents men with a greater psychological challenge than it does women.
There is much in the literature to suggest that men are far more likely than women to either deny their aging or resign themselves to it. [continue reading]